You are not logged in.

#1 2012-07-15 19:20:22

CjWelborn
Website

Theme Change causes instant Logoff, and Logoff on any program launch

XFCE Version: 4.6.1
      Distrubution: Linux Mint 9

Problem:

When I install a custom theme, and try to load it via Window Manager settings (xfwm4-settings), i get an instant logoff. When i try to log back on, I get a desktop, all my launchers, panels/panel items, application menu, and everything looks normal (except the theme i picked isn't being used). Yet if I try to launch any program whatsoever I get instantly logged off again. My TTY's work, the only way I can successfully log on and use programs again is if I manually remove the Theme (Entire Directory for said Theme [/usr/share/themes/MyDownloadedTheme]) and log back on.

The themes I am trying to use come from xfce-look, or DeviantArt. They have the needed xfwm4 folder inside, some of them contain other folders like gtk-2.0 and such. The descriptions on the themes say they are compatible with XFCE 4.6. So I basically give up on the theme, delete it, and go back to using one of the themes that came with my installation. But I would really like to know 2 things:

#1) What's causing this?
2#) What can I change to fix it?

p.s. - I've looked at some of my logs, and can't find anything that jumps out at me, this same problem occurs on another computer I own.

#2 2012-07-15 19:46:03

secipolla

Re: Theme Change causes instant Logoff, and Logoff on any program launch

CjWelborn wrote:

#1) What's causing this?

If the theme is broken then the desktop will fail to load it and that's what I guess crashes the session.

CjWelborn wrote:

2#) What can I change to fix it?

You would have to fix the theme. One reason it might be broken are conflicting settings (like two different settings for the same item).

#3 2012-07-16 02:00:12

CjWelborn
Website

Re: Theme Change causes instant Logoff, and Logoff on any program launch

Thank you for your reply, i didn't want to pick apart the theme to make it work, but I guess thats what I'll have to do.

Board footer