Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-22 15:33:46

metal-maniac

cannot find sound menu

Hello there,

a while ago I closed the sound menu button in the task panel on the top of my xfce desktop by mistake. It was there since I've installed xfce. I don't mean the normal sound mixer. It was a button where I could change the sound volume and my banshee player was integrated in there when I've minimized it. In the banshee options I have a checkbox for "show banshee in the sound menu". I hope you know what I mean. Unfortunately I haven't a screenshot of it. But now I cannot find any option to start the sound menu again. When I make a right click on the panel and choose add element there is nothing similar. Do you have any idea where I can find the sound menu? I'm using the current xfce-version.

Thanks for your help

Greetings

#2 2012-08-22 17:18:31

ToZ
Administrator

Re: cannot find sound menu

You fail to mention which distro you are running but it sounds like it might be ubuntu or a derivative. Is the "indicator plugin" added to the panel?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2012-08-22 17:49:54

angstrom

I think it's the Notification Area where some apps put its stray icon.

Xfce is NOT Xubuntu. Bugs in Xubuntu don't mean that Xfce is buggy ...

#4 2012-08-23 08:54:39

metal-maniac

Hi,

thanks for your answers. Yes, I using the current ubuntu distri. Meanwhile I found what I mean:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SoundMenu#Menu_presence

It looks like it have something to do with the xfce4-indicator-plugin. But it is already installed and I don't find any way to bring it back into my task panel.

Greetings

#5 2012-08-23 15:54:02

ToZ
Administrator

It's called "Indicator Plugin". Add it from the Panel Preferences screen. (or right-click panel -> Panel -> Add New Items)

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer