Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-22 16:54:22

chisleu

bug? Dragging maximized window to side/top/bottom to panel it

If you click the button on the title bar to maximize a window, and then drag it to the sides/bottom/top to try to tile it taking up 1/2 the space, it won't work.

It works fine if you double click the bar instead and it maximizes, but I use double click to fill an area. For instance if I want code on one side taking up 3/4 of the space and something else on the other side.

It's a minor bug, and perhaps there is a work around or it's working as intended for some reason. I'm unable to use launchpad because it will not let me register (claiming a CSS attack which is non existent on my end.)

Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

I am loving my xfce desktop otherwise!! I hope to see window buttons intermingled with launchers (ie, being able to pin an app as a launcher in the window button bar ala Windows 7.) It's one of the features from 7 that I loved. Still, I'm very happy otherwise. It has made me very productive.

-Chisleu

#2 2012-09-22 17:06:56

angstrom

Re: bug? Dragging maximized window to side/top/bottom to panel it

When you ask on forums, please put maximum informations on your system :
- Xfce version ?
- Linux distribution and its version ?
- The launchpad error, have you try to search the specific error on google ? (by the way if you are talking about this launchpad https://launchpad.net/ , it's not maintained by Xfce team)

Otherwise, welcome to Xfce :-)

Edit: the tiling feature on Xfce is implemented from Xfce 4.10 and it only tiles 1/2 of the desktop, and never 3/4.

Last edited by angstrom (2012-09-22 17:08:53)

Xfce is NOT Xubuntu. Bugs in Xubuntu don't mean that Xfce is buggy ...

#3 2012-09-22 17:25:44

chisleu

angstrom wrote:

When you ask on forums, please put maximum informations on your system :
- Xfce version ?
- Linux distribution and its version ?
- The launchpad error, have you try to search the specific error on google ? (by the way if you are talking about this launchpad https://launchpad.net/ , it's not maintained by Xfce team)

Otherwise, welcome to Xfce :-)

Edit: the tiling feature on Xfce is implemented from Xfce 4.10 and it only tiles 1/2 of the desktop, and never 3/4.

I'm using Arch, so it's xfce 4.10.

If you drag to the side, xfce will make it take up 1/2 of the space.
Then you can drag the side window grabber over to stretch it to 3/4 or whatever you like.
Then one can double click a small window title bar that is in the "hole" on the other side to have it take up that area instead of maximizing.

All of that works perfectly. I only mentioned it because I have double click set to fill instead of maximize.

Now, if I double click the title bar to maximize (when the "hole" is the entire screen, for instance)...
Then I drag that title bar to the left or right in order to attempt to have it take up 1/2 of the screen, it works perfectly.

However, if one clicks the maximize button on the title bar (instead of double clicking)...
Then try to drag the window to the side, it will not work.
In order to get it to take up 1/2 the screen, you have to release the window and drag it again.

I'm not certain it's an unintended bug, but it's bothersome to me. I thought perhaps someone here would know.

I have tried to make an account for several issues for several products at launchpad and have never been able to, from multiple browsers on multiple computers. I don't know why, but it complains of a CSS attempt when I'm certain there is none on my end.

#4 2012-09-26 21:05:51

secipolla

Hi.
To open bugs for Xfce you use bugzilla.xfce.org ('Bugs' link on the top bar of this forum page).

Board footer