Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-22 13:28:18

SantaFe

[Solved] Plymouth showing Lubuntu splash-screen instead of Xubuntu

Just got done updating my Xubuntu 12.04 box to Xubuntu 12.10.  This computer also had Lubuntu added later as a second DE.

Update went fine, it dual boots same as always (all those posts from Ubuntu users having problems with the upgrade kinda made me Leary to try though).  My only question is, WHY does the Plymouth screen that shows up before log-in keep saying Lubuntu 12.10 instead of Xubuntu 12.10? big_smile

Seems rather pushy for DE#2 to hog the Booting screen from DE#1, if you ask me.

Any ideas on why?  I Suppose I COULD fix it, but meh.... it works & I'm too lazy! wink

bah weep grana weep ninny bon. big_smile

#2 2012-10-22 13:52:49

secipolla

Re: [Solved] Plymouth showing Lubuntu splash-screen instead of Xubuntu

That's not really Xfce related.
Anyway, that's just the plymouth theme you're using. Search for plymouth in your package manager, look if there are Lubuntu and Xubuntu themes and keep the one you want.

Or if you ask in the Ubuntu forum they might tell you how to choose the plymouth theme without uninstalling anything, if possible (maybe through alternatives system).

Last edited by secipolla (2012-10-22 13:54:43)

#3 2012-10-22 16:48:43

SantaFe

I know, just thought it was a little amusing that updating Xubuntu & Xfce, I'd end up with an Lubuntu login/log off screen. wink

#4 2012-11-19 00:01:45

SantaFe

Just in case anyone else is wondering, a post I found here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p= … ostcount=3 showed how to reset the Plymouth Splash screen.

#5 2012-12-06 15:13:09

xf∞

when I just installed xubuntu 11.10 there was text "xubuntu", but after few updates text was "lubuntu". I think, there are same updates for xubuntu and lubuntu, so system decide to use lubuntu.

To fix this I open /lib/plymouth/themes/ and changed text from lubuntu to xubuntu in some config-file. I can't remember precisely, but think that is in /lib/plymouth/themes/xubuntu-text/xubuntu-text.plymouth

Board footer