Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-29 08:26:29

jupiter

[Solved] screen save does not work

Hi,

I installed xfce on Centos 6, the screen save is configurated to take action in 3 minutes idel and password access, but the screen save has never happend, even hours idel, it was still no screen save. What could be wrong?

Thank you.

J

#2 2012-10-29 20:48:07

Sideburns
Website

Re: [Solved] screen save does not work

What screensaver are you trying to use, how did you configure it, and are you sure it's running?  Open a terminal and run this:

ps aux | grep screensaver

You should get two lines in response: one listing your screensaver, and one listing grep itself.  If you only get the second line, your screensaver isn't running.

Registered Linux user #470359
Permanently recovered BOFH
Any advice in this post is worth exactly what you paid for it.

#3 2012-10-30 04:15:47

jupiter

Sideburns wrote:

What screensaver are you trying to use, how did you configure it, and are you sure it's running?  Open a terminal and run this:

ps aux | grep screensaver

You should get two lines in response: one listing your screensaver, and one listing grep itself.  If you only get the second line, your screensaver isn't running.

Thanks Sideburns, yes the screensaver is running "gnome-screensaver"

j

#4 2012-10-30 04:29:23

Sideburns
Website

Ah.  Even when I used gnome, I never had much luck with that, but couldn't stop it from running.  Eventually, I uninstalled it so that xscreensaver could run unhindered.  Frankly, I see no reason to use gnome-screensaver at all, especially when you're not even using gnome.  Get rid of it, install xscreensaver if it isn't already installed, then run xscreensaver-demo from a terminal to configure it and set it to launch when you log in.

Registered Linux user #470359
Permanently recovered BOFH
Any advice in this post is worth exactly what you paid for it.

#5 2012-11-23 08:44:54

jupiter

Thank you very much Sideburns, that works well. Just wondering how could gnome screwed it up.

Board footer