Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-10 04:17:00

fmpints

bug?::xfce4-terminal::gtk::dead_circumflex

hi,

thanks for Nick, i solved the problem in https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=7715

but i got a new one. usually, i open 5,6 tabs in xfce4-ternimal, so i defined

"Previous Tab" as <Alt>+dead_circumflex, and "Next Tab" as <Alt>+1

at first, everything worked fine, then "<Alt>+dead_circumflex" was disabled, i could not  use this combination any more. since my system is archlinux+icewm, so i use

A number of Xfce applications (Xfce Terminal and Thunar for example) support the standard GTK+ way of changing shortcuts: simply hover over the menu option with the mouse pointer and press the keyboard shortcut you want to rebind it to.

to define the shortcut. but when i hang over the menu->Tabs->Previous Tab and press <Alt>+dead_circumflex, nothing happened. if i press <Alt>+3, it is OK.

and i found .config/xfce4/terminal/accels.scm, which seems to be the file where all shortcuts are stored.

i tried

(gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/terminal-window/prev-tab" "<Alt>dead_circumflex")
(gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/terminal-window/prev-tab" "<Alt>dead\_circumflex")
(gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/terminal-window/prev-tab" "<Alt><dead_circumflex>")
(gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/terminal-window/prev-tab" "<Alt>'dead_circumflex'")

none of they works.

the first one shows "<Alt>+dead circumflex" instead of "<Alt>+dead_circumflex" next to "Previous Tab" , and all the others show nothing.

i think this could be a bug. but i am not sure whether it belongs to xfce4 or gtk.

could someone give me some hints?

thanks.

Last edited by fmpints (2013-01-10 04:21:28)

#2 2013-01-10 05:36:20

fmpints

Re: bug?::xfce4-terminal::gtk::dead_circumflex

i find another key that does not work for shortcuts. it is "dead_acute". Maybe the problem is "_"

Board footer