Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-22 21:23:42

Raphos

Bye Gnome, welcome XFCE

Hi,

Using Fedora and Gnome since 2007, I've left a chance at Gnome 3.

I expected real ameliorations for Gnome 3.6 (specially customization), but I was really disappointed...

So I tried Kde a little bit. It was very long to start, sometime applications take a while to open (even SSD) and often the computer was freezing ! In addition KDE install a lot of futile applications for me.

Under Xfce since a few month, I like the reactivity and the simplicity of the desktop (however most configurable as Gnome !).

The only negative is that some applications are really "light". For example Ristretto is really "Ristretto", there is no icon in the toolbar for rotate a picture and impossible to add one. The pdf reader don't display some pdf file (open the file, seem to be empty and is not).

Conclusion, I installed Xfce with a small mix between Gnome and Kde applications (Gnote, Okular, Gwenview).

One thing missing me since I used Gnome 3 is THE @!:!'( -]|{& HOT CORNER !

#2 2013-03-22 21:41:53

bthielman
Website

Re: Bye Gnome, welcome XFCE

Have been using Fedora since Core 2. Using a mix which includes some Gnome and some KDE and ALL (almost) of Xfce!. I have a static network permitting me to host a website, however I also want to use the "Kindle Fire" which my daughter got me for Xmas. It requires wireless and I can do wireless, however I have been unable to figure out how to do BOTH wireless and static on the same box "at the same time". Please - any hints or suggestions.

Literacy/GED Tutor

#3 2013-03-22 22:10:43

Raphos

Re: Bye Gnome, welcome XFCE

bthielman wrote:

Please - any hints or suggestions.

Yes, post a new Topics for your problems please... Nobody will see your request in this discussion.

You can also visit the English Fedora forum Here but you rather see how to configure your "box".

Last edited by Raphos (2013-03-22 22:33:06)

Board footer