Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-06 17:31:35

begre1929

[Solved] thunar is insulting me : "Not authorized to perform operation"

Hi (again me big_smile )

I can mount any USB or external HD without problem. But I made a new partition on my internal HD then thunar does his rebel, he doesn't want to mount it. I can mount the partition trough the mount command, I also have the icon on the desktop...

one thing I want to notice, this partition has been made after my current installation. In another computer, I got several partitions, I installed arch with xfce (what else?) on one of them, and I can mount, umount all of them without trouble.

My linux looks like *buntu, but it's arch !

WARNING  this guy is an "evil" black metal listener... he does his own booze and love to cooke cake... don't let your girl too close, he loves girls... the worst, his english his awful!!

#2 2013-04-06 21:13:23

Sideburns
Website

Re: [Solved] thunar is insulting me : "Not authorized to perform operation"

This isn't an Xfce issue, it has to do with the mount options in /etc/fstab.  Check with whatever forum or mailing list you use for Arch Linux issues.

Registered Linux user #470359
Permanently recovered BOFH
Any advice in this post is worth exactly what you paid for it.

#3 2013-04-06 22:46:59

begre1929

ok... I'll do asking to arch forumers if needed
but if I asked here it's because on my other computer I checked fstab and saw no specification for partition but the one where fstab is localized... anyway I'll take a look closer of the fstab documentation if you think I have to deal with fstab

WARNING  this guy is an "evil" black metal listener... he does his own booze and love to cooke cake... don't let your girl too close, he loves girls... the worst, his english his awful!!

#4 2013-04-06 23:17:06

Sideburns
Website

OK, that just means that there's nothing there telling the OS how and where to mount it, and that means that only root can do it.  When you edit fstab, be sure to use these as part of the mount options:

users,umask=0000

The first one says that anybody can mount it and the second one sets it up to be r/w by anybody.  (No, r/w doesn't actually work.)  And, if it's the last line in the file, be sure to hit Enter at the end, because if you don't, mount will complain.  (If you haven't figured it out, yet, I've done this a few times.)

Registered Linux user #470359
Permanently recovered BOFH
Any advice in this post is worth exactly what you paid for it.

#5 2013-04-07 00:19:21

begre1929

what you have in mind is about /etc/fstab right ?
because I've just saw that I have the same options in fstab in both computers (excepted the UUID)

#6 2013-04-07 00:38:00

begre1929

Ok here the solution.
I forget to add polkit rules for gvfs, https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gvfs it's working now! thx for your time!

Board footer