Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-08 20:28:23

Sideburns
Website

Suggested enhancement

When I first started using Linux, I used Gnome 2.  One of the things I liked about it was the fact that you could just tap the Control key to highlight the mouse cursor in some way.  (At first, it would show a rotating square; later, it was a pulsing blue disk.)  This was very convenient when you'd just moved the mouse to bring your screen back up and weren't sure where it was.  And, as I also have a laptop with a touchpad, this helped when I'd been typing and accidentally moved it.

Now, of course, I've migrated to Xfce, and wouldn't consider going back to Gnome.  (Gnome 2 was fine; Gnome 3 Is Not An Option.)  Being able to find the mouse easily is one of the few things I miss, and I'd sure like to have it here in Xfce.  I realize that the best place to put this is into the Xfce Bugzilla as an RFE, but I'm not sure just where to put it.  If I select Art, the only Product allowed is the Icon Themes, which doesn't sound right.  I finally decided to put it as a General bug against Xfwm4: https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9985 and if anybody reading this has comments, that's probably the best place to put them.

Registered Linux user #470359
Permanently recovered BOFH
Any advice in this post is worth exactly what you paid for it.

#2 2013-04-09 06:09:22

Sideburns
Website

Re: Suggested enhancement

I just got an email about an update to that "General bug."  The program's maintainer was throwing a hissy fit because I reported an RFE there.

#3 2013-04-09 17:38:55

eric_the_idiot

FYI, there's an enhancement request in xfdesktop for a feature like that as well. https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8539  I'll try to get to it when I finish up some other stuff.

#4 2013-04-09 17:53:47

Sideburns
Website

So there is.  By me, over a year ago.  I'd forgotten all about it.  And, when I searched the Xfce bugzilla, it didn't show up.  Odd.

Board footer