Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-22 21:25:37

MadLane

Xfce4 Notes missing

Hi,

i have got some problems with the xfce4-notes-plugin. the other day i used notes the first time with more than one window and some tabs. the next time i started the computer the programsymbol wasn visible in the panel anymore. i found out that it should be in the panel because it is as item in the list for panel one. it does not help, when i remove it and add it again. i have also reinstalled the plugin and notes.

does somebody have an idea whats the problem with it?

Regards

Mad

#2 2013-04-27 15:31:43

MadLane

Re: Xfce4 Notes missing

thats the error description:

if i use the terminal command "xfce4-notes": (xfce4-notes:2515): Unique-DBus-WARNING **: Error while sending message: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

if i use the terminal command "sudo xfce4-notes". with sudo the programm notes opens and its symbol is next to the connection symbol in the panel. that means the program is able to work, but this way it will not open regularly at start. after a few seconds appears: (xfce4-notes:2651): IBUS-WARNING **: The owner of /home/xxx/.config/ibus/bus is not root!

no suggestions, really? does nobody use this programm?

#3 2013-05-05 07:51:33

xfcenut

Re: Xfce4 Notes missing

I am had the same problem

now when i try to start in terminal now it hangs then i get this

** (xfce4-notes:16118): WARNING **: main-status-icon.vala:37: Status Icon is not embedded

Board footer