Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-08 07:49:15

xecs

Cannot use Settings --> Appearance in xrdp session.

I run a headless Ubuntu 13.04 file server. I have one app that needs a GUI to configure it so I have installed a minimal xfce4 setup and xrdp to run it. Only xfce4, xrdp, xfce4-terminal, gedit and their dependencies have been installed.

When I log in at the console everything is fine but when I log in with xrdp I cannot use the Settings --> Appearance controls. The style and Icons tabs are populated but selecting them has no effect in an xrdp session, folder and panel icons are not displayed. Using the Settings --> Appearance controls when logged in at the console works.

If I ctrl-alt-F1 to tty1 I see the following errors:

(xfsettings:17105): xfsettingsd-WARNING **: Failed to get the _NET_NUMBER_OF_DESKTOPS property.

(polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1:17097): Glib-CRITICAL **: g_variant_new_string: assertion 'string != NULL failed

(polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1:17097): polkit-gnome-1-WARNING **: Failed to register client: GDbus.Error:org.freedesktop.Dbus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files

While I don't technically need this to work it bothers me that it doesn't so I'd like to sort it out.

Cheers.

Board footer