Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-16 10:51:58

Xals

Dual Monitors: Secondary monitor slightly offset

Hi,

I have a very particular problem setting up Dual Monitors in a Backbox 3.05 fresh installation (It's based on Xubuntu 12.04).

My computer is a laptop, 1280x800, and I'm setting up an external monitor using 1280x1024 resolution at the right of my main monitor through VGA connector.

I set it up using arandr and everything worked as expected except one thing: The secondary monitor appears to be offset to the right about 70 pixels, far more than what I can correct using my monitor auto or manual adjust settings (indeed, I moved it to the far left, but those 70 pixels are still hidden from my view behind the edge of the monitor).

At the moment, I came up with the silly workaround of setting a 70 pixles width empty vertical panel locked at the right side of the screen, so I can maximize windows without having half of them hidden. But, you know, it's quite an ugly workaround.

So, does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this?

Many thanks in advance.
Carles

Last edited by Xals (2013-06-16 19:30:35)

#2 2015-01-02 20:49:34

Re: Dual Monitors: Secondary monitor slightly offset

In XFCE4 version ~4.8 try adjusting the X,Y positions of the display in the display the configuration file ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/displays.xml. Imagine a big virtual canvas. Your screens are rectangular view ports on to that canvas and can be placed anywhere on it, including scenarios where they are overlapping, or there is non zero - unseen - space between them.

Board footer