Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-27 14:27:01

Joey

Thunar sends to Trash files on network shares

Hi,

I'm experiencing trouble on Xubuntu 12.04 with Xfce 4.10.

When trying to delete files on network shares with Thunar, it tries to send them to the Trash (which is nonsense) and I get the "unable to find out or create trash dir" error.

Of course I could hold the caps key while deleting, but that would just be a workaround. I tried the same on Nautilus, this one would ask correctly if I want to remove the file permanently.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Joe

Update:
Oddly this behaviour is different when accessing through the build-in network browse instead mounting the folder with gvfs or cifs

FAIL -> /home/joey/.gvfs/shared on 172.34.0.171/
OK -> smb://OFICINA;joey@172.34.0.171/shared/

Last edited by Joey (2013-05-27 14:54:42)

#2 2013-05-28 15:58:36

stqn

Re: Thunar sends to Trash files on network shares

That’s funny because I have the opposite problem: /mnt/nfs is an NFS mount, and when I “Move to wastebasket” a file in there it definitely deletes it instead of moving it to /mnt/nfs/.Trash-1000. I would of course prefer to have the wastebasket functionnality. I think it worked fine with sshfs, but it does not with NFS.

#3 2013-05-29 11:31:15

Joey

I'm experiencing total lockups using thunar (not even mouse cursor responds), even after reinstalling Xubuntu from scratch. It's always when I try to access network shares, there must be something terribly broken in thunar sad

No problems when I switch to nautilus inside preferred applications.

I would file a bug report, but it leaves no trace of a crash....

#4 2013-06-17 07:46:47

Joey

Sorry to bump this up, but it really need some advice.

I noticed that some applications like LibreOffice will use the nautilus dialogues when opening or saving files.

Other programs like Firefox, don't seem to care about "exo-preferred-applications", the dialogue windows that open up when clicking on "save-as" show up an interface that does not match the one I can see when doing the same with e.g. LibreOffice. As I mentioned, I'm experiencing total lockups when browsing through directories, not even REISUB works sad

Anyone can point me out how to change the file manager I see inside Firefox?

PS:
After performing apt-get purge thunar* and apt-get purge nautilus, what is the file manager used inside Xubuntu to show files and directories inside the "save" dialogues?

Thanks,

Joey

#5 2013-06-17 11:41:00

stqn

Save dialogs are not file managers (unfortunately). Firefox’ “save as” dialog looks like a standard Gtk file selector.

#6 2013-06-17 13:35:27

Joey

Thanks for the hint, I found GtkFileChooser, but no way how to replace it by something different...

I found "ui.allow_platform_file_picker" in about:config in Firefox. Let's see if this helps, I'm getting desperate- this lockups are really frequent sad

Board footer