Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-10 09:42:29

paolo321

power manager and lock screen

Hi, imho Xfce power manager should have not only an option "lock screen when suspend-hybernate" , but also "lock when powering off monitor" ...

Right now, I need my netbook to be locked while I'm away, and I'm use xscreensaver settings to do it (disabling monitor power management from Xfce power manager) , but this way I'm not able to have different setups for AC and battery.
The other way, disabling xscreensaver and using xfce power manager to put screen to standby, I may have a different setup for battery and AC, but screen is not locked.

Interaction between them is quite confusing sometimes.

I'd like to have:
screen always locked when idle
Do that after 10 minutes if I'm on AC
Do that after 3 minutes if I'm on battery

How to do it?
If I use xscreensaver it locks, the timeout is fixed. This is a almost good solution, but it would be nicer if xfce power manager could manage screenlock (eventually just calling xflock4).

#2 2013-06-17 18:58:46

paolo321

Re: power manager and lock screen

In additions to this, another weird issue is https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint/+bug/1101982

From that bug:

There are two options in the XFCE control panel that do the same thing:
* Power Manager -> Extended -> Lock screen when going for suspend/hibernate
* Session and Startup -> Advanced -> Lock screen before sleep
The former seems to only control the behavior of the power manager panel applet (battery charge indicator). The latter seems to only control the behavior of the logout dialog and the action buttons panel applet

Last edited by paolo321 (2013-06-29 07:30:48)

Board footer