Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-24 22:17:43

puppycutletts
Banned

mouse, mouse cursor and overly fine control needed.

I feel that it's time to include the function of selecting how close to a line the cursor must be, in order to select the line.

The very high degree of accuracy needed in ones pointer location, is tolerable for an able bodied person with a 23" monitor - but it's a really difficult thing to use on a teeny little netbook screen - where the range of selecting covers about 0.6mm - that is about 0.3mm either side of the line.

The fine degree of control is impossible for people who have impairments, like shaking or limited motor control.

I for one am getting rather fed up with the "brain surgery on mosquitos" accuracy needed to get the cursor on to the line so I can resize a window.

People have also been complaining about this for a LONG time.

It's time to include a function in the mouse settings, to enable one to pick how close to the line one must be to be able to grab it, instead of imposing this "Our way or the highway" attitude and function onto everyone else.

Last edited by puppycutletts (2013-06-24 22:26:50)

#2 2013-06-24 22:35:45

MountainDewManiac

Re: mouse, mouse cursor and overly fine control needed.

Not to sound unsympathetic - I'm not - but you can pick a theme that has thicker window borders.

If I've got two windows side-by-side, touching, I don't want to have to deal with a slop-factor, I want to know for sure that I'm grabbing the edge of the window that I'm attempting to grab.

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#3 2013-06-25 15:51:04

Darktux

Try Alt+Right click anywhere in the window to re-size it.

#4 2013-06-26 00:34:30

puppycutletts
Banned

Yeah great - no solutions, only opinions.

#5 2013-06-26 12:20:11

PaperNick

Darktux wrote:

Try Alt+Right click anywhere in the window to re-size it.

Amazing solution! I didn't know about this function.

Now I won't need to set the cursor at a "brain surgery on mosquitos accuracy" big_smile

Board footer