Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-09-11 17:22:19

SantaFe

Is there an Xfce4 Network Activity Monitor plugin?

Would really like to find one that works like the old GNOME2 one, or the one in LXDE.  You know, the two monitor screens that show activity. big_smile

au9k.png

Or would it be possible to use LXDE's Network Status Monitor in the Xfce panel?   I know there is a network monitor panel plugin for Xfce, but it doesn't show what I'd like. wink

If not, guess I'm stuck with those bars. wink

bah weep grana weep ninny bon. big_smile

#2 2013-09-11 19:09:37

paolo321

Re: Is there an Xfce4 Network Activity Monitor plugin?

Maybe you can try to use genmon plugin, it could be quite tricky sometimes but maybe googling you can find something already done, and is imho a really nice way to display stuff on panels when there are no existing panel plugins...

#3 2013-09-11 23:35:02

SantaFe

paolo321 wrote:

Maybe you can try to use genmon plugin, it could be quite tricky sometimes but maybe googling you can find something already done, and is imho a really nice way to display stuff on panels when there are no existing panel plugins...

I'll try that.  Funny, didn't know I even had it already till I looked in Synaptic. wink  Thanks.

#4 2013-09-15 05:54:45

bubblebobble

I guess you are looking for this useful plugin: https://code.google.com/p/xfce4-netspeed-plugin

#5 2013-09-15 15:28:17

SantaFe

bubblebobble wrote:

I guess you are looking for this useful plugin: https://code.google.com/p/xfce4-netspeed-plugin

Nice, but already have a plugin like that, Network Monitor: ciir.png, which is what I'm using now.  The bars are ok, but I miss the blinking Terminal screens.

Was looking for one that displayed the activity like this: aqsb.png

Used to use xfce4-xfapplet-plugin, and the GNOME2 network activity applet, but now, only Mint Xfce seems to have the former, and I can't seem to locate the latter in Synaptic anymore.  Durned GNOME 3. big_smile

Board footer