Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-10-18 17:28:15

Mellowbob

[Solved] Window placement from notification area

When I click on a window which has been docked (ie, rhythmbox) into the notification applet on the task bar, the window's geometry is not recalled. For example, I might move rhythmbox to the lower right of the screen and then kill its display by pressing the 'X' in the window bar. Rhythmbox disappears. So far, so good. Now I bring it back by clicking the icon in the panel. It redisplays at the top right of the screen, not the lower right were it was.

I think this might be a problem with the notification applet? I use transmission for downloading as well and that problem doesn't happen with it, but I think it maintains its own applet dock.

#2 2013-10-19 01:26:53

ozjd
Website

Re: [Solved] Window placement from notification area

What distro + Xfce version do you have? I tried it on Fedora 19 with Xfce 4.10 and couldn't replicate it.

#3 2013-10-19 01:40:27

Mellowbob

I'm running mint 15 and xfce 4.10.

I wonder if the problem is with the notification applet? I assume it swallows rhythmbox and puts it back up.

Just doing some more checking ...and it's hard to figure out which things are saved into the notify, but it appears that banshee and the mint update programs both nest into the notification, and they both work fine. It's just rhythmbox which seems to be a problem.

Now that I'm talking about this it's getting more annoying smile

#4 2013-10-19 02:57:36

ozjd
Website

I didn't test with rhythmbox but with a couple of other players so that may be the issue as you say.

#5 2013-10-19 23:57:14

Mellowbob

I'm marking this as solved ... not 'cause it is, but (probably) since it's not an xfce issue. I tried a similar action using rhythmbox under the mint Cinnamon desktop and got the same results. So, I have to assume it's a bug in the plugin. Remember, gnome knows what you want your desktop to look like smile

Board footer