Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-03 10:00:46

jejuba

[Solved] how to get 2 terminals with different settings running at once

Dear all,

i have set a transparent terminal background (let's call this one t1). I would like to be able to start another terminal (from the command line; like running a prg) at the same time but with different properties. For instance I want this new terminal to be always on top and not transparent (t2).

I have a /home/djm/.config/Terminal/terminalrc file for t1 and a script that is started on log-in.

I can start another terminal from a script with a different size and position (using wmctrl) but I don't know the option to change the background color and transparency without changing /home/djm/.config/Terminal/terminalrc and therefore changing t1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

#2 2013-11-03 11:05:01

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] how to get 2 terminals with different settings running at once

Try setting a different XDG_CONFIG_HOME value before running xfce4-terminal (make sure you run this terminal with the parameter "--disable-server" so that it doesn't find the existing terminal windows). Something like this:

XDG_CONFIG_HOME=$HOME/.config2 xfce4-terminal --disable-server

...and change the settings as you like. Everytime you want to use this profile, execute it in the same way. Its configuration settings will be stored in $HOME/.config2.

Last edited by ToZ (2013-11-03 11:05:30)

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2013-11-03 13:17:31

jejuba

Re: [Solved] how to get 2 terminals with different settings running at once

it works great: thank you very much.

Board footer