Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-20 06:13:13

budchisa

Incomplete uninstall of XFCE4

I installed it from the software manager in Linux Mint 15 olivia (x86-64) - Cinnamon 1.8.8 - kernel 3.8.0-19-generic

I'm a linux user, not a programmer and wanted to add a file shortcut that's already in the desktop to the panel and thought xfce4 would offer that ability - just dunno how to run it or install it.

So I realized it's beyond my capabilities and uninstalled it. To my surprise, all the stuff that came with, like Orage Calendar, Thunar this and Thunar that - were all left on my PC - why?

I uninstalled also from the Software Manager. What else is left on my PC? Please advise on a complete uninstall.

Would appreciate any help.

#2 2013-11-20 13:50:53

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Incomplete uninstall of XFCE4

Probably best to ask in the Mint forums as it would depend on the packaging. "/var/log/apt/history.log" should help to identify which packages were installed when you installed xfce.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2013-11-22 02:46:44

MountainDewManiac

Re: Incomplete uninstall of XFCE4

Should be able to find your computer's update/installation history from within Synaptic Package Manager.

Btw, I'd guess that those apps remained because, although the installation of XFCE caused them to be installed, they do not require the presence of it to function.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

Board footer