Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-23 06:38:40

geoffm

how to always show keyboard bindings

I installed LM13-XFCE. For some reason, the keyboard bindings of menus and dialog items are hidden unless I press Alt. I know in gnome3 it's a new "feature" called automatics mnemonics, that fortunately can be disabled in dconf-editor.
In XFCE I haven't found an option to always display the kb bindings in the Settings editor AFIAK dconf isn't used (not in the running services anyway.
I ran dconf-editor and disabled "automatic mnemonics" in both org.gnome.desktop.interface and org.cinnamon.desktop.interface but they still do not show. Tried running gnome-settings-daemon but got the following

Code: Select all
    (gnome-settings-daemon:28208): power-plugin-WARNING **: Failed set DPMS mode: Could not change DPMS mode
    ** (gnome-settings-daemon:28208): WARNING **: You can only run one xsettings manager at a time; exiting
    ** (gnome-settings-daemon:28208): WARNING **: Unable to start xsettings manager: Could not initialize xsettings manager.
    ** (process:28213): WARNING **: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files
    [1387780387,000,xklavier.c:xkl_engine_start_listen/]    The backend does not require manual layout management - but it is provided by the application
    (gnome-settings-daemon:28208): clipboard-plugin-WARNING **: Clipboard manager is already running.
    ** (gnome-settings-daemon:28208): WARNING **: Unable to register client: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files
    ** (gnome-settings-daemon:28208): WARNING **: Name taken or bus went away - shutting down

Does anyone know how I can make those keyboard bindings appear?

Board footer