Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-07 23:58:19

cookie_monster_az

Compiz Enhanced Desktop Zoom Alternative for XFCE window manager

Hello everyone,

I am ready to make my jump from Gnome to XFCE. I have been using Gnome and Compiz for a few years now. I am legally blind and the Compiz Enhanced Desktop Zoom has been a huge help for me.

I have been googling for a day or so now and I am not seeing anything that I like for an alternative to the Compiz Enhanced Desktop Zoom. The reason i like this particular zoom  tool is because I can zoom in and out easily with the scroll wheel and move around my desktop while magnified.

I am able to install Compiz and use the Enhanced Desktop Zoom with no problem. However, I really like some of the features that the Xfwm has.

Has anyone come across a alternative similar to the Enhanced Desktop Zoom in Compiz?

I have tried the following apps and was not crazy about them:

kmag
xzoom
magnifier

I am not opposed to running Compiz, I just really like the things I am seeing in Xfwm.

I did do a search here and did not see a thread with this particular question. However, I do overlook things at times. If there is already a thread on this, please fogive me and be so kind as to post a link

I am currently running Debian Squeeze with Gnome on my main machine, and I have virtualbox installed to do general testing and experimenting.

Thank you,

Dan

Last edited by cookie_monster_az (2012-09-08 00:27:47)

#2 2014-02-01 20:24:02

xjesus
Website

Re: Compiz Enhanced Desktop Zoom Alternative for XFCE window manager

In xfce 4.12 you can just press Alt+wheel mouse to zoom in and out.
It works perfectly for me in my xubuntu with PPA for the last xfce.
More info here:
http://blog.alteroot.org/articles/2013- … -mode.html

Board footer