Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-09 21:42:23

GordonC

MX-14 Trash Folder

This a repeat of issue found in MX-14.

1. After a boot from power down, the Tooltip popup for the Trash folder reports that folder is empty regardless of folder contents.  This condition remains
    until folder contents are changed, either by adding or restoring a file(s).

2.  A secondary click (right) on a Trash folder item brings a pop-up menu.  In this, the Open function does not work. Restore does work properly, returning
     trashed files back to to their source folder.

#2 2014-04-09 23:54:22

ToZ
Administrator

Re: MX-14 Trash Folder

I'm currently testing Xubuntu 14.04 and I notice the same behaviour with Thunar and the panel trash applet. However, the trash on desktop seems to work properly. Here is the bug report: https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9513. Feel free to add to it. I'm going to open a bug report over at launchpad.

Existing launchpad bug here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/thunar/+bug/880533. I've commented. One commenter has a termporary workaround if you're interested.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2014-04-10 01:41:36

GordonC

To me, the incorrect showing of Trash contents is less important than the inability to open files
in the Trash folder. Has this been a previous issue?

#4 2014-04-10 01:52:54

ToZ
Administrator

GordonC wrote:

To me, the incorrect showing of Trash contents is less important than the inability to open files
in the Trash folder. Has this been a previous issue?

This problem I do not have, and seems different from the previous bug report. Is the Open item greyed out or does it just not work? Do you have an "Open with..." option? Does that one work?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find

#5 2014-04-10 02:47:34

GordonC

"This problem I do not have, and seems different from the previous bug report. Is the Open item greyed out or does it just not work? Do you have an "Open with..." option? Does that one work?"

These are all images, have not tested with any text or WP files as yet.

The Open with..  is not greyed out. Trying to use Mirage gives me a black window,  Gwenview  tries to open it but can not. And I just tested Gimp, it does
  open the file.

In the trash folder Icon View mode, all files have a padlock.  I can cut and paste of any them into another folder. The padlock shows in the new folder
  but I can then open the file with Gwenview.

I do not have the previously reported problem of being unable to delete files while the Trash icon is saying "empty'. Everything behaves except the
Open regardless of what the pop-up saying.   This looks to be an issue where from boot-up the Trash folder contents are not checked by the system until
a change is made in the folder's content. Something missing in the start-up routine?

(I have not figured out how to do a quote here yet)

#6 2014-04-10 03:15:44

ToZ
Administrator

Interesting. I installed mirage and have the same problem. Looks like it might be an app problem. (I also tried with ristretto and it didn't work either - something is definitely blocking the preview). Gimp works fine. Mousepad also works fine for text documents.

If you plan on using mirage or gwenview, you may wish to file bug reports with those apps to get it fixed.

(I have not figured out how to do a quote here yet)

Put the quotes in-between [ q u o t e ] [ / q u o t e ] tags (minus the spaces). More examples here

#7 2014-04-11 04:24:32

GordonC

you may wish to file bug reports with those apps to get it fixed.

More checks with Gwenview on locked out files point away from it being
a bug in that app.

#8 2014-04-16 07:44:55

GordonC

This is still misbehaving.  Have been working with  digikam, an image processng
app, was clearing duplicates to Trash.  When Trash reported that it was full, I
cleared it and went back to clearing  the image files.  Could not do this because
Trash continued to report that it was.  A power down and reboot has not fixed this.

It looks as if the Trash status is not being properly tested.

Board footer