Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-30 19:08:37

kline

[Solved] is there a cheatsheet on how-to use Orage?

hi guys,

over the past ~28 years that i have run "thought.org", i've used the simplest, but most effective, programs that i have come across.   i'll spare everybody the details tho and get to the point.  IS there a website that explains howto use the Xfce utility, orage?

i use it for things from reminding me when to take my meds to when to stop for a break ... to when i have an appointment downtown.  even when to eat.  i think i use thunderbird as a calender some years back but i'm not sure.   i prefer discrete utilities to one that do everything but tuck you into bed.   i have played around with orage a bit but havent gotten very far.  thus the question to the forum who should be able to give me some pointers.

thanks in advance,

gary kline,
seattle

#2 2014-05-30 21:11:47

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] is there a cheatsheet on how-to use Orage?

Orage documentation is hard to find. There should be some documentation installed with the app (/usr/share/orage/doc/C/orage.html on my system) or this web page.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2014-05-30 23:29:43

kline

ToZ wrote:

Orage documentation is hard to find. There should be some documentation installed with the app (/usr/share/orage/doc/C/orage.html on my system) or this web page.

well ... at least Stuff is happenin'.  a bit more than aa few days ago at any rate.

one thing at a time--this i couldnt//havent found in the html page or on the url you pointed me at.  First, how do i get rid of the several "test" events that are listed below the orage calendar? will they vanish as the dates go beyond their range?

thanks much.

#4 2014-05-31 03:21:59

ToZ
Administrator

kline wrote:

First, how do i get rid of the several "test" events that are listed below the orage calendar? will they vanish as the dates go beyond their range?

If I'm understanding correctly, you should be able to double-click the event and it will open in a dialog window. That dialog window will have the option to delete the event.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#5 2014-05-31 20:55:33

Sideburns
Website

I have been using Orage for several years to keep track of (among other things) my many medical appointments.  I just checked and yes, ToZ is right.

Registered Linux user #470359
Permanently recovered BOFH
Any advice in this post is worth exactly what you paid for it.

#6 2014-05-31 23:15:47

kline

there was a bold string heaading the list; it made the entire list vanish.

---Meanwhile, i re-installed "KOrganizer"  it does more with a key keystrokes {blah*3}.  the gotcha is that the entie app is huge, screen real estate wise.   be nice if future developers could shrink it to Orage size. 

still waiiting for my nth test using this app....

==

Brief post script after nearly going barking-mad trying to get orage working.  --i did the *abs* min to set up an appointment an hour hence.  it worked.  i almost fell out of my chair.  More simple tests to do, but at least now i can set up timers about when to take my meds and when it's time to knock off for the day---or when it's past 0330 and it's TIME to goto bed. &c.

sometimes simplicity is the better path... .

Last edited by kline (2014-06-01 19:30:15)

Board footer