MX 14.1.1 released today

With over 20,000 downloads behind us, we released an upgrade today:

• Default browser changed to Iceweasel

• New MX applications Package Installer and Switch User

• New default theme and icon set

• Bugs fixed in MX-14 and Debian upstream

• Easy live persistence setup

• Major applications upgraded to latest versions

Sources listed on the download page. Let us know what you think!

MX-23 (based on Debian Stable) with our flagship Xfce 4.18.

#2 2014-06-18 19:53:25

gxagar

Re: MX 14.1.1 released today

Default browser change is a very good move.

Is there an upgrade path from MX-14?  Will dist-upgrade do it?  Will a regular update in Synaptic get me the new stuff and version?  Or... is a fresh install required?

Downloading it now.  Setting up a Torrent Seed now.  I see there are already 9 Seeders.  Very helpful community!  Look forward to participating.

Regards,

G

Linuxers Live by a CODE!

#3 2014-06-18 20:12:13

Jerry3904

Using dist-upgrade may actually downgrade a couple of things for a day while the packager rebuilds all MX apps to the same version number.

From MX-14, all you need to decide is whether you need/want the new MX apps: MX Switch User, MX Boot Repair, MX Package Installer. The change in theme and icon set you can make yourself if you like--see announcement post on the Forum. All else will upgrade automatically.

See you over there!

#4 2014-06-20 20:22:58

gxagar

Thanks Jerry.

Waited a coupla days to RE: to give the repos and packager rebuilds a chance to sync and update.  Did a reggaler Synaptic update/upgrade today and only 2 of the aforementioned new MX apps showed up, Boot Repair and Package Installer, both of which I installed.  Switch User did not show up in Synaptic.  No worries, as mentioned in your Switch User thread, I've already set it up manually.  But thought you'd like to know.

Interestingly, on the new 14.1.1 Live CD, when looking for the "Origen" of MX Switch User in Synaptic, it only appears under All and Local.  It's repo cannot be identified.  Again, no worries, it's there and can be installed/removed.  But thought you'd like to know.

I have much more input/feedback for the Admins/Devs on this Distro.  So, as promised, joining the forum today.  Overall, me like very much!  What a great find!  This is one that will be a staple on my Linux Table, the one that I will regard as my Linux Home, and the only one that I will promote with enthusiasm.  See ya at the house.

Gary

Linuxers Live by a CODE!

#5 2014-06-20 20:45:23

Jerry3904

Tthanks, I'll pass this on. Switch User may still be one of the Testing repos for some reason, weird.

Board footer