Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-06-28 20:42:13

pauljohn32

Super (windows) key Changes. Have any facts?

Ubuntu 14.04 updates broke my custom shortcuts that use Super. Super does not do anything, even S+tab is dead.

I find some people claiming this was intentional b/c Xfce is clearing way for "whiskermenu". Xfce FAQ blames Super trouble on Gtk, but refers to grossly out of date versions.

The Xfce short configuration GUI still shows my Super customizations.

I checked and xev still reports key as Super_L. Hard to know where to start.
PJ

#2 2014-06-28 21:36:01

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Super (windows) key Changes. Have any facts?

pauljohn32 wrote:

I find some people claiming this was intentional b/c Xfce is clearing way for "whiskermenu".

I don't think so. The Super Key works fine here on Xubuntu 14.04 with whiskermenu.

Xfce FAQ blames Super trouble on Gtk, but refers to grossly out of date versions.

Which FAQ entry was this? A while back, there was an issue with the mapping of the keyboard shortcuts. From what version did you upgrade from?

The Xfce short configuration GUI still shows my Super customizations.

I checked and xev still reports key as Super_L. Hard to know where to start.
PJ

Can you post back the contents of your ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml file?

Have you tried renaming this file (while not logged in) so that a new one gets created with the system defaults when you next log in?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer