Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-06-30 09:28:51

inksi

[Solved] how to find a minimised app?

Hi.

I am running under Mint 13 so not the latest xfce I am sure.

If I minimise a programme (in particulare Claws email, then where do I find it to maximise it back?

If I click the icon on the panel it does not come back, but if I do that with the applications menu entry then it does. (I'll check out the settings). Another application is only on the panel, and that means that I have bigger issues to get it back.

There must be some easy way to restore missing minimised apps. I can find nothing in any of the settings although I thought once that there was an option to minimise to the panel it sees to be incredibly well hidden. Please help.

regards
Ian

#2 2014-06-30 10:45:17

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] how to find a minimised app?

Do you have the "Windows Buttons" plugin added to the panel? This plugin will show all active windows (minimized or not) and you can click on the programs listed to make them visible again (if minimized). You can also middle-mouse-button click on an empty part of the desktop (or both left+right mouse button click at the same time if you don't have a middle mouse button) to being up a list of open windows that you can select from.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2014-07-01 12:51:59

inksi

Re: [Solved] how to find a minimised app?

Thanks, that solved it.

Ian

Board footer