Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-18 21:31:03

Mellowbob

[Solved] Navigating workplace switcher

I find that when I select a workspace with my <ctr><alt>-arrow keys I quite often get lost when there are a number of desktops with no applications running in them. The problem seems to be that the workplace switcher displays the same "image"  for its tiles no matter if it is the currently select on or not. It's a bit odd since if there are any windows open (no inconified or hidden) you can tell where you are since the tile gets brighter.

Hope I'm explaining this correctly smile

#2 2014-07-18 23:39:27

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] Navigating workplace switcher

Maybe this depends on the theme that you are using (or gtk hacks that you may have enabled). With Greybird, I can definitely see which workspace I am in:
workspaceswitcher.png
...in the above image, I am on the second workspace.

Which Appearance theme are you using?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2014-07-19 00:41:33

Mellowbob

I'm using MurrinaCrystal. Maybe that is the problem.

Nope. Just switched to Greybird and that gives the same results.

I'm using the gtk window manager theme. Switched around here as well and no changes.

I've also played with the Panel appearance settings. Switched between <system style> and <solid color> ... but that darned workplace switcher remains the same.

It probably matters ... I'm running 4.10 from Ubuntu 14.04.

I can't find anything files relating to the program ... there must be something, somewhere?

#4 2014-07-19 00:48:05

ToZ
Administrator

Do you have any gtk hacks enabled? They would be in ~/.gtkrc-2.0 or /etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#5 2014-07-19 02:09:31

Mellowbob

BINGO!

Had a file .gtkrc-2.0 ... no idea from where it came or what it was supposed to be doing. I'm guessing the the unity DE might have created it?

But, just deleted that and things are much nicer. Yes, my workspace switcher now looks like yours! Thanks for working with me on this. Much appreciated.

Board footer