Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-06-21 12:15:42

azim

[Solved] workspace usage tunning

hello xfcellas,

i'm using 4 workspaces mostly and i would like to bind ffx into 2nd WS no matter what, i can achieve that only partially.

I have devilspie with script below, that works for firefox when opening first instance, no matter if i open it via menu, keyboard shortcut or i click on the link in 'About' xfce4-indicator-plugin  ... BUT, when there is already ffx running in the workspace 2 and i do click on that link as mentioned above, it will bring ffx into current workspace. i can recall devilspie script and that would move ffx again into workspace 2, but that's kind of anoying.

What i would like to have is that when i click that link, im moved to workspace 2 where firefox opens that link. (master tune would be that it will open the page in firefox on the workspace 2 but stay in current workspace, let's say by middle click or ctrl+click like standards)

advice is appreciated, thank you in advance !

( if
( begin
( matches ( application_name ) "Firefox" )
)
( begin
( maximize )
( set_workspace 2 )
( println "match" )
)
)

#2 2014-06-21 12:58:42

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] workspace usage tunning

There is an option group in Settings Manager >> Window Manager Tweaks  >> Focus tab called "When a window raises itself". If set to "Switch to window's workspace", then whenever a window is given focus, it will switch to the window's workspace as opposed to bringing the window to the current workspace. This might be what you are looking for. Keep in mind that setting will affect all windows, not just firefox.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2014-06-22 14:27:16

azim

wonderful, how could i forgot about this ... thanks ToZ !

#4 2014-11-10 17:23:15

xcan

I can't find the option group "When a window raises itself".
Has it disappeared in the las version?
How can I get the same effect?
Thanks.

#5 2014-11-10 17:44:26

ToZ
Administrator

xcan wrote:

I can't find the option group "When a window raises itself".
Has it disappeared in the las version?
How can I get the same effect?
Thanks.

Start Settings Manager, select "Window Manager Tweaks" and look on the "Focus tab":
wmt.png

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#6 2014-11-11 08:17:04

xcan

Thanks.
I was looking for it in "Window Manager" not in "Window Manager Tweaks" (well, sort of, because I have it in spanish).

Board footer