Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-20 17:24:17

kobid

Thunar - docked terminal like in Dolphin

Hi,

In Dolphin (KDE file browser) when you press F4, docked terminal is showing up and pointing to the current dolphin path. Nautilus for ubuntu has similar extension but can't find anything for Thunar. Only way is to use right click and "Open in terminal"

Regards.

#2 2014-11-20 17:39:20

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Thunar - docked terminal like in Dolphin

If you already have "Open in Terminal" as a custom action, then try this:

1. Make sure that Settings Manager >> Appearance >> Settings >> "Enable editable accelerators" is enabled.

2. Open Thunar.

3. Left click once on a folder in the right pane to select it (to enable the custom action). Then hover your mouse over the File->"Open in terminal" menu entry and press the F4 key. This will assign F4 to that action (or whatever shortcut you want to use).

4. And finally, at least on my system, I had to close and re-open Thunar.

Now, select a folder and press F4.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2014-11-20 17:47:24

kobid

Thanks! Didn't know about this trick. But it would be great to have terminal docked inside Thunar like in Dolphin smile

#4 2014-11-20 17:50:56

ToZ
Administrator

kobid wrote:

But it would be great to have terminal docked inside Thunar like in Dolphin smile

Sorry, but I've never used Dolphin or KDE so I wasn't sure what you meant by docked. If this is the case, you'll need to put in an enhancement request for this feature. You can do this in the bug tracker.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find

#5 2014-11-20 18:05:01

sixsixfive
Website

you could also replace the terminal command with xfce4-terminal --drop-down and lay it to ~ if you want to impress someone wink

#6 2014-11-20 20:12:47

kobid

ToZ wrote:
kobid wrote:

But it would be great to have terminal docked inside Thunar like in Dolphin smile

Sorry, but I've never used Dolphin or KDE so I wasn't sure what you meant by docked. If this is the case, you'll need to put in an enhancement request for this feature. You can do this in the bug tracker.

Thanks. Added: https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11319

#7 2014-11-20 21:53:14

ToZ
Administrator

Forget to mention that there is also this thread where people are voting on what changes they'd like to see in Thunar.

Board footer