Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-11 15:27:28

numzob

gtk2: looking for widget for active task in taskbar

I would like to figure out how to set the colors (text and background) of the active task in the taskbar.  In this picture one can see a theme based on a gray and sky-blue color scheme. Most elements are black text on a gray background.  The active window titlebar is white text on a sky-blue background.  The current workspace is similarly colored, as is the selected item on the menu. In the taskbar, the active task is black text on a slightly darker gray.  What I would like to do is make a gtk2 theme such that the active task matches the colors of the active window titlebar and the selected menu item.  In the above screenshot, that would mean it would be white text on sky-blue instead of black on gray.

I have found some information on gtk2 theming on the net, including this list of widgets but I have been unable to find out which actually corresponds to the active task in the taskbar (hint: trial and error have revealed that it's not "toolbar").

Could someone please clue me in as to what widget I need to change to achive the desired change?  Thank you very much.

Last edited by numzob (2015-01-11 15:28:28)

#2 2015-01-11 16:13:05

sixsixfive
Website

Re: gtk2: looking for widget for active task in taskbar

should be something like this:

style "xfcetaskbar"{
fg[ACTIVE]="#f0f"
bg[ACTIVE]="#fff"}
widget_class "XfceTasklist*" style "xfcetaskbar"

#3 2015-01-12 04:04:00

numzob

Re: gtk2: looking for widget for active task in taskbar

Thank you very much.  smile

I ended up doing one part of that differently:

widget_class "*XfceTasklist*" style "xfcetaskbar"

What I had to do was put a "*" both after and before.  Not sure if that is proper but it is working.

Last edited by numzob (2015-01-12 04:04:47)

Board footer