Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-17 17:02:04

Sharky

Forum & bugzilla frustrating gripes

Dear mods:

1. On the bugzilla password change/set page, please please could you list what the actual constraints are? I've spent aegs trying to reset my password using Lastpass password generator, starting with my normal default, 30 character using special characters, numbers, upper & lowercase letters. This isn't allowed. Nor is 20. If you keep trying, the token expires. Infuriating. But an easy fix. Please either allow huge password length (more secure) but also list the full constraints.

2. Is there a reason why bugzilla.xfce.org and forum.xfce.org have separate user accounts?

Thanks

#2 2015-04-17 20:10:38

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Forum & bugzilla frustrating gripes

The Bugzilla backend is a separate product from the forum backend (FluxBB) which is probably why the two are not integrated with one login.

It appears that when you try to reset your password from within bugzilla, it requires one uppercase, one lowercase, and one digit as part of the password. I just tried with a 42 character password and it worked (that included at least one uppercase, one lowercase and one digit).

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-04-17 20:13:33

Sharky

Re: Forum & bugzilla frustrating gripes

Thanks for the reply. I wonder if it doesn't allow some/all special characters? It may have been that curtailing the string length simply caused some of the special characters not to be generated hence no longer falling foul of such a rule?

Board footer