Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-29 00:49:10

deleted3

How to keep xfce4-appfinder on screen at all times?

Is there a way I can keep the XFCE4-appfinder on screen at all times. I know I can add it to my autostart list when I login, but how how can i prevent it from closing when launching an new app? (like the google search bar on android)

#2 2015-09-29 01:59:14

ToZ
Administrator

Re: How to keep xfce4-appfinder on screen at all times?

I am unaware of a switch that would allow it stay open all the time - it will close when a selection is made. You could write a script that checks whether it is running and if not, re-start it, but you would end up with visible start/restart of the application.

That being said, the appfinder has two modes: regular and collapsed. The collapsed mode (text entry field only) looks more like the google search bar on android than the regular mode. If this is the mode that you are interested in, have a look at the Verve plugin. It might meet your needs.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-09-29 02:09:06

deleted3

Re: How to keep xfce4-appfinder on screen at all times?

Thanks for the reply.

Collapsed mode is how I use it. I have xfce4-appfinder --collapsed associated with a hot key (mod + L). I also have a few custom actions such as a few bangs (yeah I stole that from ddg) to search amazon, ddg, youtube, etc. Or go straight to a webpage.

However, if I could keep it on screen that would be a little more convenient. I will check out verve.

Board footer