Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-27 19:18:14

jan-i7

Proud to be using Xfce

Hey guys, just wanted to drop in the xfce forum and say how much I love Xfce. I've tried a bunch of the main DEs for Linux distros like Unity (the worst thing I've ever experienced), GNOME 2-3, LXDE, Pantheon, KDE, and some others. I really like KDE the best among the ones I mentioned because of its customization and Kate runs well on it, but KDE does use a lot of resources. I recently switched from LXDE to Xfce on my laptop running Arch. I've enjoyed it so much over the past week, I installed another Arch partition on my desktop (in my signature) with Xfce and SLiM. On my recovery usb drive with Arch, I'm also switching to Xfce.

I still got a lot of stuff to figure out and try, but for the most part, Xfce has the perfect setup and amount of customization for me. It's terminal is perfect as well, which is where I spend 90% of my time. I can't believe I waited so long to give Xfce a try.

Arch - Xfce - i7 920@4GHz - G.Skill 12GB - HGST 4TB - AMD R290X - ASUS VH226H 21.5" - Func KB-460 Cherry MX Red - Logitech G303

#2 2015-10-27 23:51:00

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Proud to be using Xfce

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer