Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-02 03:40:12

reb68
Website

Akonadi

I have Kaddressbook, Kontact. and several other personal programs that use  Akonadi but they all say that Akonadi is not working. I do not know what the problem is. I am using Xfce version 4.12. I also get the same error in Kubuntu 15.10. I would like to get the addressbook or Kontact workin. Thank you for any help

A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one
another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own
pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the
mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good  government.

#2 2015-10-02 05:48:33

MountainDewManiac

Re: Akonadi

This probably isn't the best venue for getting help with something that is one of the core technologies of the KDE Software Compilation, lol (even though it is supposed to be compatible with any DE). Be that as it may, if someone does take a stab at helping you, they're going to require some information.

reb68 wrote:

I have Kaddressbook, Kontact. and several other personal programs

Kadressbook and Kontact are KDE "type" applications and, presumably use Qt instead of Gtk2 or Gtk3. Of the "several other personal programs," do any of them use the same components that Xfce "type" applications do?

reb68 wrote:

they all say that Akonadi is not working.

I'm going to go out on a limb (not really wink ) and assume that the actual error report you got was something other than "Akonadi is not working." What, specifically, happens? What (again, specific) message(s) do you receive when your issue occurs? Did these applications ever work in your current version of whatever distro you are using? If so, what (ditto) updates have you installed and/or configuration changes have you made to your system?

reb68 wrote:

I am using Xfce version 4.12. I also get the same error in Kubuntu 15.10.

By that, I'm assuming (IDK if I'm going out on the old limb on this one or not) that the distro in which you use the Xfce desktop environment is NOT Kubuntu 15.10. Either that or you're confusing DEs and distros, because Xfce is a DE and Kubuntu is a distro (that comes with the KDE DE preinstalled, but of course the user may choose to install others - such as Xfce - into Kubuntu). So... Can you clarify?

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#3 2015-12-03 15:47:48

e8hffff

Re: Akonadi

In >Settings>Session and Startup>Advanced> tick to "Launch KDE services on startup".

Last edited by e8hffff (2015-12-03 15:48:17)

Board footer