Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-29 03:25:33

MountainDewManiac

PPA Purge?

I have a partition with Mint 17.1 (Xfce flavor, of course wink ). It didn't come with Xfce 4.12, so right after I installed it, I added the PPA to get it. I think the PPA might have been maintained by someone at Ubuntu (possibly their Xubuntu subdivision, IDK). Seems like I read a thread a while back where someone tried adding that PPA to get Xfce 4.12 in their distro, which was also a derivative of Ubuntu 14.04 (as the 17.x versions of Mint are) and it turned out that it no longer worked for that version series. I do not know if that has any significance on my question or not.

My question is: I would like to allow my update manager to update that Mint 17.1 installation to version 17.3 Xfce (which does come with Xfce 4.12). In order to make sure that everything is in line with what is expected to be there (in my installation), I would like to remove that PPA and revert all versions of files that were upgraded from using it back to "stock." I vaguely remember that the way to do such a thing is to use a command called PPA Purge. Or Purge PPA. Something like that. I think, lol. I haven't had occasion to think about doing such a thing for two or three years, and when I did it was on my old laptop (RiP, 2003-era laptop - you fought the good fight!), which no longer functions. So I cannot even try to see what I did back then, or even access my (thousands) of web browser bookmarks from it. Can someone "talk" me through it, please? I am not in that partition just now as I usually use this one out of habit. But I can insert the correct PPA name (if that is even required) when I get there.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#2 2016-01-30 18:19:19

golinux

Re: PPA Purge?

You might want to have a look at this thread and be prepared to reinstall:

http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=114130

#3 2016-01-31 06:13:40

MountainDewManiac

Re: PPA Purge?

I don't think Mint('s main edition) has much to do with Debian Stable.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

Board footer