Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-08 04:53:31

sharmi

Thank you all XFCE contributors!

XFCE has been the most stable desktop environment I have used (and I have used Unity, Cinnamon and tried even Gnome 3).  It is fast even on dated hardware yet I never feel like I miss anything compared to the other DEs.   I preferably like the option to adjust the height of the panel as I can get more screen estate. smile  XFCE 4.12 feels much more polished, real progress without getting the rug pulled from under our feet.

I use xfce on mint.

Thanks again for the wonderful DE.

#2 2016-02-09 10:30:45

janp

Re: Thank you all XFCE contributors!

I cannot agree more.
I was a KDE user. KDE3 was the first I used and was a very good desktop. It had all, and was quite fast.
Then KDE4 has arrived .. A total disaster because it was declared stable almost a year before it was really usable.
I patiently waited and finally it became OK. I have been an happy kde4 user for years.
Then KF5 has arrived... Another small disaster. Plasmashell crashes 30 times a day , multiple monitors do not work, apps are broken..
I chose to not be so patient this time..   
I am using XFCE now (on Arch) and I am really satisfied. I am a developer and what I want are stability, speed and minimal but solid features.
I don't look for bells and whistles when they impact  on stability.

Board footer