Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-28 17:12:39

eduardo_linux

Debian - Xfce panels and icons messed up with resolution change

Hello!

I am developing a Debian-based GNU/Linux distribution for visually/hearing impaired people and for the elder. I chose Xfce as the desktop environment for its highly customizable configurations, ease of use and for being lightweight. The problem is:

I am currently using a 1400x900 monitor to test the system. I have 3 panels:

* #1 at the bottom, with Window buttons, the Whisker menu and 4 launchers (Log Out, Magnifier, Virtual Keyboard and Orca Screen Reader);

* #2 in the top-right corner of the previous panel, with date/time, trash applet, volume control and notification area;

* #3 centered in the left, with quick launchers. This panel is hidden and appears when the mouse cursor touches the left area of the screen.

I also put 4 launchers in the bottom of the desktop (LibreOffice, Mousepad, Iceweasel and Thunar), and set their size to 70.

The DPI value is 140.

Everything is fine when I test the system in my 1400x900 monitor, but when I do it in a netbook (1024x768 monitor), the panels and icons get all messed up. The only thing that keeps its settings is panel #1, but #2 and #3 don't stay where they should and the icons are completely disproportionate (they barely fit in the screen).

So my question is: Is there a way to keep panel/icon settings among different screen resolutions? Maybe set the size/alignment values to % and not pixels? I want to keep everything proportional with the size of all screens. Any help is appreciated.

I will post screenshots explaining the situation later, since I don't have them right here.

Thanks in Advance,

Eduardo

#2 2016-02-28 17:30:37

eduardo_linux

Re: Debian - Xfce panels and icons messed up with resolution change

I got the screenshots.

1400x900 screen (this is how the desktop should always look like):

FluxBB bbcode test

1024x768 screen (this is how it looks in the netbook screen):

FluxBB bbcode test

Board footer