Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-15 09:39:04

frpatte

2 things that I can't do

Bonjour,

1- I would like to have an empty screen at login, whatever the state of the previous screen when I logged out. The box "save the session when logout" is unticked in the session menu. I tried to play with " session-cleanup-scrip" in lightdm.conf or lightdm.conf.d without any success.

I use an ugly solution: make the directory ~/.cache/sessions unwritable.... Is there any other working solution?

2- I don't want to change of working space using the mouse wheel, so I unticked the box in the adhoc menu, but xfce does not care of this configuration.... What can I do?

Thank you.

I use xfce4 version 12 from fedora 23.

F.P.

#2 2016-03-15 10:46:41

ToZ
Administrator

Re: 2 things that I can't do

frpatte wrote:

1- I would like to have an empty screen at login, whatever the state of the previous screen when I logged out. The box "save the session when logout" is unticked in the session menu. I tried to play with " session-cleanup-scrip" in lightdm.conf or lightdm.conf.d without any success.

I use an ugly solution: make the directory ~/.cache/sessions unwritable.... Is there any other working solution?

Have a look at this thread. There are a few solutions linked there.

2- I don't want to change of working space using the mouse wheel, so I unticked the box in the adhoc menu, but xfce does not care of this configuration.... What can I do?

Not sure what the adhoc menu is, but have you tried unchecking Settings > Window Manager Tweaks > Workspaces > Use the mouse wheel on the desktop to switch workspaces?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-03-15 10:52:28

Jerry3904

1. I am not sure I understand what you mean by "empty," but if you mean that you don't want to see any user name, then AFAIK that is adjusted with the relevant conf file in this folder:

/usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/

You want a line that reads:

greeter-hide-users=true

Last edited by Jerry3904 (2016-03-15 17:08:02)

MX-23 (based on Debian Stable) with our flagship Xfce 4.18.

#4 2016-03-28 09:15:07

frpatte

ToZ wrote:
frpatte wrote:

Have a look at this thread. There are a few solutions linked there.

Thank you for the link but it gives two solutions: one refers to a /etc/xdg/xfce4/kiosk/kioskrc file which does not exist on my installation of xfce (4.12), the other one changes the permissions of ~/.cache/sessions to read only which I did and for which I am seeking an alternate solution (such a way of doing seems to be more an odd job than a real solution!)

ToZ wrote:
frpatte wrote:

Not sure what the adhoc menu is, but have you tried unchecking Settings > Window Manager Tweaks > Workspaces > Use the mouse wheel on the desktop to switch workspaces?

This is the adhoc tool I refered to, but it is useless: tick or untick the box "Use the mouse wheel on the desktop to switch workspaces" has absolutely no effect! In both cases, the wheel mouse changes the workspaces!

#5 2016-03-28 11:58:37

ToZ
Administrator

frpatte wrote:

Thank you for the link but it gives two solutions: one refers to a /etc/xdg/xfce4/kiosk/kioskrc file which does not exist on my installation of xfce (4.12), the other one changes the permissions of ~/.cache/sessions to read only which I did and for which I am seeking an alternate solution (such a way of doing seems to be more an odd job than a real solution!)

The /etc/xdg/xfce4/kiosk/kioskrc should be created if it does not exist. Session saving is currently a part of Xfce, so you have to use one of the two options if you want to disable it. There has been some talk about re-designing the session-saving feature. See: https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=9250.

ToZ wrote:

This is the adhoc tool I refered to, but it is useless: tick or untick the box "Use the mouse wheel on the desktop to switch workspaces" has absolutely no effect! In both cases, the wheel mouse changes the workspaces!

What are you hovering your mouse over when the scrolling happens? 

The only ways that the workspaces should change on mouse scroll are:

1. if you hover over the desktop and the above mentioned settings is enabled

2. if you hover over the workspace switcher panel plugin and it has "switch workspaces using the mouse wheel" setting enabled (look in its properties)

3. if you hover over the windows buttons panel plugin and have "switch windows using the mouse wheel" enabled and you have windows of multiple workspaces (look in its properties).

Does it change workspaces if you scroll when the mouse is over an application like firefox or chrome?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer