Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-01 11:53:40

Chromace

Parole - Larger music cover/album art?

Hi forums!
So in a flourish of trying-new-applications-out-instead-of-old-ones, I came across Parole, Xfce's de facto media player, and happened to like it quite a bit. It being simple yet well-rounded was naturally a great draw.

However (there's always a 'but' smile), I've been having some...aesthetic conflicts with it. Specifically, about how the media player goes about displaying audio information. My music is primarily used on its own, with my computer acting as a jukebox, while I work on something off of it. As such, I like to have the audio album art displayed front and center, maximised. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get Parole to make its album art larger to fit the whole screen, as seen below.

Parole album art

Ideally, I'd imagine the album art would take up as much of the media player as possible, that is to say, it'd grow with Parole's window. Perhaps something like this:

Concept album art for Parole

As can be seen, I'm not exactly fussed about the album artist and such a song belongs to.

So in summary, is it possible to let Parole show album art in a way that it fills the screen, rather than taking up a restricted amount of space regardless of the media player size? Thanks.

#2 2016-04-01 18:48:03

MountainDewManiac

Re: Parole - Larger music cover/album art?

Does the application have a "screensaver function?" Because that seems to be what you're describing, sort of.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#3 2016-04-02 01:32:41

Chromace

Parole you mean? Unfortunately not. However, it can disable the screensaver while it plays a file. There is also an option to toggle audio visualizations, which do indeed fill the whole screen, but only with peculiar spectrometer waves instead of just a static image.

Last edited by Chromace (2016-04-02 01:35:07)

#4 2016-04-02 07:33:40

sixsixfive
Website

thats hard coded, better create a bug report @https://bugzilla.xfce.org/

#5 2016-04-02 08:46:03

Chromace

I see. So currently Parole can only display audio with small album art (not including visualizations).

What sorts of things should I include in a bug report? Do I just sort of state what I said in my forum post? Thanks.

#6 2016-04-02 09:26:20

sixsixfive
Website

since this a simple feature request, you only need to add a description of the problem and why you would suggest a change.

#7 2016-04-02 10:17:29

Chromace

And the feature request is complete! Hopefully I've worded it clear enough...

Here it is: https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12526

Thanks for the help! smile

Board footer