Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-04 09:07:40

ungutknut

Xfmpc - anyone still using it?

Hi,

yesterday I set up a mpd server on an xfce-based system and tried to control it with the Xfmpc client (0.2.2 compiled from source) locally.

It works quite fast, nice and uncomplicated. Actually what I've been looking for - but there's one thing that's causing me troubles: I can't rearrange the songs in a playlist. Is it just me doing something wrong or is this just a missing feature of Xfmpc?

There's not much I can find concerning this topic (or Xfmpc in general) on google - anybody got a hint?

Is the project still active? Seems there's been no commit for quite some time (except translations) and I guess there's a reason it's not in the official repos of my distro (Xubuntu 14.04).

#2 2016-04-04 10:58:55

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Xfmpc - anyone still using it?

I can't rearrange the songs in a playlist. Is it just me doing something wrong or is this just a missing feature of Xfmpc?

This functionality was intended to be added at a later date. See: http://git.xfce.org/apps/xfmpc/tree/IDEAS.

Is the project still active?

The last official release (0.2.2) was in 2011. There have been commits in the git tree up to 2012. It may be that no-one is looking after the code and thats why work has stopped.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-04-05 12:12:50

ungutknut

Re: Xfmpc - anyone still using it?

What a pitty. It'd be a pretty nice program with this one feature added...

But thanks again for the quick help.

Board footer