Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-09 17:37:23

pcarvalho

2 Workspaces, side-by-side

Hi everyone!

i've search the forum and i couldn't find anything that could help me with this:

Is there a way to place 2 workspaces side-by-side? right now, when i pick 2 workspaces, it layers on above the other.

So every time i dragged a window to the top border to maximize it, it switched workspaces. sad

To get around this, I've set the resistance to change workspaces to "wide". smile

But now, when i try to move the window to other workspace, it takes a bit of dragging. sad

To get around this, I've started to use the shortcuts.  smile

The ctrl+alt+ combo wasn't working for me, so I had redefine the shortcuts. sad

now, i'm starting to get used to it, but I still think there could be a simpler way, if only it was possible to place the 2 workspaces side-by-side. smile

thanks!
p.

#2 2016-04-09 20:07:28

ToZ
Administrator

Re: 2 Workspaces, side-by-side

Hello and welcome.

Is there a way to place 2 workspaces side-by-side? right now, when i pick 2 workspaces, it layers on above the other.

For Xfce version 4.12 (I don't recall the behaviour in earlier versions), if you right-click the workspaces plugin and select properties, you can specify the number of rows. If the value is set to 1, the workspaces will display side by side. If set to 2, they will display on top of each other. The setup will vary if you have >2 workspaces and >2 rows.

So every time i dragged a window to the top border to maximize it, it switched workspaces.

You can prevent this behaviour via Settings Manager > Window Manager > Advanced tab and uncheck "with a dragged window" in the "Wrap workspaces when reaching the screen edge".

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer