Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-21 07:58:22

zboraon

After sleep, second monitor does not wake up

Dear all,

You can call me as a newbie to linux. I am using Xubuntu 16.04.1 with 4.4.0-31-generic on ASUS N550JV

With the second monitor plugged with HDMI, after the system sleeps it is only possible to see the desktop by changing the display via the shortcut on keyboard and switch to the laptop monitor. This is disturbing yet not finished:)

After following some forum posts here, on ubuntu etc., and apply the procedures explained there, I face this (or I wasn't aware of this issue):
when the computer wakes up in the laptop screen (still connected to the second monitor) xfce's display menu shows up continuously, until I choose an option.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bora

Last edited by zboraon (2016-07-21 09:38:58)

#2 2016-07-21 09:42:18

zboraon

Re: After sleep, second monitor does not wake up

I've reinstalled xubuntu without touching the home folder, but nothing's changed:(

#3 2016-07-21 10:19:29

ToZ
Administrator

zboraon wrote:

With the second monitor plugged with HDMI, after the system sleeps it is only possible to see the desktop by changing the display via the shortcut on keyboard and switch to the laptop monitor.

This is a known bug.

After following some forum posts here, on ubuntu etc., and apply the procedures explained there,

What changes did you make?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#4 2016-07-21 10:32:18

zboraon

ToZ wrote:
zboraon wrote:

With the second monitor plugged with HDMI, after the system sleeps it is only possible to see the desktop by changing the display via the shortcut on keyboard and switch to the laptop monitor.

This is a known bug.

After following some forum posts here, on ubuntu etc., and apply the procedures explained there,

What changes did you make?

Well, I am not sure in fact:(
But after a reinstall, the issue still continues. I don't think this is about a modification, as you said this is a known bug.

Thanks for your reply. Do you think we have to wait for an update to solve the issue?

Regards,

Bora

#5 2016-07-21 12:12:08

ToZ
Administrator

The bug will have to be fixed and an updated issued. In the meantime, there are some workarounds in that bug report that you can try.

For example, try creating a keyboard shortcut for:

xrandr --auto

...and when you plug the HDMI monitor back in, also press this keyboard shortcut to see if it brings up the monitor.

Another workaround is listing in the launchpad bug report. You can try the script that is in the description of the bug report.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer