Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-21 12:08:50

UpwindManager18

Can't find the wine settings

Hi,

Just installed wine on a fresh install of Xfce. Running .exe files works but I need to access the settings but cant find it

#2 2016-07-21 12:18:18

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Can't find the wine settings

Hello and welcome.

You'll need to provide some more information:
- Which distro?
- Which version of Xfce?
- Which wine settings are you referring to?
- Which menu plugin/app are you using?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-07-21 12:49:11

UpwindManager18

I am using the latest version of Xfce4 and i am trying to access the wine configuration panel

#4 2016-07-21 13:27:23

ToZ
Administrator

If by "associated entries" you mean links for things like winecfg, regedit, uninstall, etc., those are not part of plain Wine; they are something some distros add to their packages.

It would depend on the distro that you are using and whether they choose to create those entries.

That being said, there is an existing bug in the Xfce application menu applet that is not displaying categories (and any children categories) if there are no items in that particular category. This has been fixed in the git tree but not yet released. The Whiskermenu plugin is not affected by this bug - so if your distro is creating those entries, you should be able to see them there. Also, the desktop right-click applications menu is not affected by this bug.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer