Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-28 14:31:45

mark_rt

Yocto - Icons and window borders change upon dbus restart

Hi folks. I am in the process of creating a customized XFCE4 environment with yocto/openEmbedded. I'm not actually asking you for Yocto support, yet I suppose I have a configuraton issue here.

XFCE (xfwm4, xfdesktop, xfsettingsd, xfconfd, xfce4-panel, NetworkManager and nm-applet etc.) is started and looks and works so far. I noticed that margins/borders are missing in certain applications. This is most annoying in nm-applet as the forms look all messed up.

I also noticed that there are several dbus processes running.

5743 root     28836 S    dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session
5744 root     19680 S    /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --fork --print-pid 5 --print-address 7 --session
5781 root     19544 S    /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --config-file=/etc/at-spi2/accessibility.conf --nofork --print-address 3
6163 messageb 19544 S    /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --system

Now comes the magic: If I stop or restart /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --system, the desktop icons change and some disappear. Besides, the margins/borders in nm-applet are now visible the way I want them. Basically, it seems as if the stop of the system's dbus is causing xfce to change the theme. I've spent several days on this but I have no glue how this behaviour is linked to dbus.

Could someone give me a hint?
Many thanks in advance!

Board footer