Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-17 03:05:38

Kallaste

Thunar Selection Behavior Changed With 1.6.10?

Hi,

I have used Thunar for many years in many distros, and it is my file manager of choice. I am accustomed to a particular behavior where, if I am viewing the contents of the directory as a detailed list, I can place my mouse over a file name, click, and drag down the list to select multiple files. This is in contrast to viewing as a compact list or as icons where you first click in the whitespace and then drag to select files. In the detailed list, there is no whitespace, so it works a little differently. It is described in the docs here under the Selecting Files heading.

Well, I just updated my media player machine to Xubuntu 16.04 with Thunar 1.6.10, and I am no longer able to drag and select from within a detailed list. If I drag, it just moves the file I am starting with. This is extremely annoying for me, as I use the drag and select feature all day long.

If I change to a compact list or icons, I can still drag to select files by starting in the whitespace. However, I never use these views.

I did not see anything in the changelog about a deliberate change to this behavior, so maybe it is a bug? I am thinking of rolling back to the previous version to get the drag-select capability back.

Last edited by Kallaste (2016-08-17 03:10:38)

#2 2016-08-17 03:29:57

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Thunar Selection Behavior Changed With 1.6.10?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-08-17 03:49:02

Kallaste

Re: Thunar Selection Behavior Changed With 1.6.10?

Thank you! I thought I had looked, but I didn't see that. I am very glad they are aware of the issue. I hope they find time to get to it.

Board footer