Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-18 15:26:40

yhouse
Website

Failed to load the applications menu

Hello, after removing some programs from my manjaro using pamac, i tried to edit the order of my xfce4 menu using menulibre, but while saving every step i edit i get this error in a popup window: Failed to load the applications menu: Error on line 1 char 1: Document was empty or contained only whitespace.

when this happens, clicking on the menu doesn't let it open, so i have to remove the menu from the panel and add it again. i also tried to delete file xfce-applications.menu from /.config/menus/ but this didn't help.

also, this causes the menu not to open from right click on desktop > applications.

is it possible that a program i removed deleted some package needed to the menu? i just removed programs like music player, pidgin etc.

thanks for your help!

Last edited by yhouse (2016-08-18 15:30:57)

#2 2016-08-19 03:31:01

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Failed to load the applications menu

The "garcon" package is required for the menus. There will be a system menu placed somewhere in /etc/xdg (may vary depending on distro but default is /etc/xdg/menus/xfce-applcations.menu) and a user-based one in ~/.config/menus.

Make sure garcon is installed. If the problem persists, can you post back the contents of both the system and user xfce-applications.menu.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer