Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-23 22:12:55

Friedrich

Change the color of the window title bar

Hi,

i made some changes to edit the color of the xfce panel in ~/.gtkrc-2.0 and now i want to edit the color of the title bar for all windows. i don't want to download an other style because the greybird style is ok, i just want to edit some things. can i do this in the ~/.gtkrc-2.0? i can't find any information about that? also editing the file /usr/share/themes/Greybird/metacity-1/metacity-theme-3.xml doesn't work (changed the color value in titlebar_fill_focused). in the normal setting i can only edit the font not the color.

so how can i do this?

friedrich

#2 2016-09-23 23:15:40

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Change the color of the window title bar

Friedrich wrote:

also editing the file /usr/share/themes/Greybird/metacity-1/metacity-theme-3.xml doesn't work

Are you using metacity as your window manager or is this a typical Xfce install with xfwm4 as the window manager?

Information on editing xfwm4 themes can be found here.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-09-24 08:14:15

Friedrich

i've just installed xubuntu and the installer did the rest. i could change the color by editing the themerc in xfwm4 folder.

how can i restart xfwm4? i logged out and logged in again, but to do more tests its irritating.

#4 2016-09-24 09:08:47

Friedrich

the title color is now a very light blue and the text color is black on active windows and a dark grey on inactive windows. but the action buttons on inactive windows looks terrible now. as i could read in the wiki, the symbols of the actions buttons are images? so i can't change them only with select an other color?

#5 2016-09-24 13:43:06

ToZ
Administrator

Friedrich wrote:

how can i restart xfwm4? i logged out and logged in again, but to do more tests its irritating.

Change the Windows Manager theme away from and back to your theme - it will be re-read and updated. Or run a command like:

xfconf-query -c xfwm4 -p /general/theme -s Default && sleep 1 && xfconf-query -c xfwm4 -p /general/theme -s Greybird

...assuming that "Greybird" is the name of your window manager theme.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find

#6 2016-09-24 13:45:51

ToZ
Administrator

Friedrich wrote:

the title color is now a very light blue and the text color is black on active windows and a dark grey on inactive windows. but the action buttons on inactive windows looks terrible now. as i could read in the wiki, the symbols of the actions buttons are images? so i can't change them only with select an other color?

Yes, you have to edit the associated xpm files for those buttons to change the colours.

Board footer