Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-24 13:24:41

javatechnical

Show desktop not working as intended

Show desktop is not working as intended.

For example, when you open a firefox window and toggle the show desktop (i.e. click on the show desktop in such a way that it shows the desktop, that is toggle=true)

and then open something from the desktop, for example, here I opened the Home directory from desktop icon.

You see, that show desktop on the taskbar is still toggled and is not going off (which it must, since we have opened the Home directory). To show the desktop now, I will have to toggle it once.

Which means that Show Desktop program is not detecting that an application opened by clicking on a desktop icon is getting focused and so, it must toggle off.

Last edited by javatechnical (2016-11-24 16:28:28)

#2 2016-11-24 20:29:13

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Show desktop not working as intended

Actually, that is how show desktop is coded. It uses the libwnck library to toggle the state of desktop_showing (source: https://git.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-panel/t … top.c#n193) and doesn't account for new open windows between toggle events.

If you want the developer to consider changing the logic behind the operation of this utility, you should probably open a bug report.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer