Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-14 14:27:41

mpajoh

Right align items

All:
I have installed a new panel, and added items to it.
Q:
Is there a way to right align and item?

I have looked on the web and other than adding separators, which makes the panel look ugly, I have not found anything else.

Thanks for any pointers.

Masoud

I use F25 and Gnome Xfce, with all updates applied, on a X86_64 kernel with 4gb of DRAM and EVGA Geforce 7600 GS PCI-E 256mb DDR2 video card.

#2 2016-12-14 16:14:56

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Right align items

When you say "right-align". are you talking about moving some items to the right of the panel, or are you talking about right-aligning the content of the item in its container?

To right-align items on the panel, you would use a separator with its "expand" property set.

which makes the panel look ugly

You'll need to explain this more. Maybe a screenshot?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-12-14 17:04:45

mpajoh

ToZ wrote:

When you say "right-align". are you talking about moving some items to the right of the panel, or are you talking about right-aligning the content of the item in its container?

To right-align items on the panel, you would use a separator with its "expand" property set.

which makes the panel look ugly

You'll need to explain this more. Maybe a screenshot?

I think, even with my vagueness, you have answered my question.

Thank you very much.

I use F25 and Gnome Xfce, with all updates applied, on a X86_64 kernel with 4gb of DRAM and EVGA Geforce 7600 GS PCI-E 256mb DDR2 video card.

#4 2016-12-14 18:36:05

SantaFe

If you look here: https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-panel/separator there's a way to make the separator be transparent instead of having a line in the middle.  Makes it a bit less ugly to me. wink

bah weep grana weep ninny bon. big_smile

Board footer