Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-15 15:40:31

am4c130d

[SOLVED] Orage not showing events, but finds in search

Hi,

I am starting to use Orage and want to display and add calendar events that are stored on Zoho.  To get the calendar events into Orage, I'm using vdirsyncer which downloads the events using caldav and writes them to a local file.  Using the foreign file input, I point Orage at the file.  I can see in the summary month view in Orage that events are found - the specific days are bold, but no events are shown in the event list - this is the issue.

If I double click on a day to get the day view, the events are still not shown, however, if I select the search tab and perform a search I find all the events.  The events can then be open, edited etc., but are still not shown in the event view.  If I use the week view, they are also not shown.

If I create an event in Orage and save it to the calendar file I am syncing with Zoho, I can see it in the Event summary for the specific day.  If I use vdirsyncer to sync the event up to Zoho, then the event appears in Zoho and is still visible in Orage - all good.  However, the next time I sync, the event I created in Orage "disappears" from the event summary view in Orage.  It is still visible on Zoho, and I find it using search in Orage.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Alan

Last edited by am4c130d (2016-12-17 18:49:49)

#2 2016-12-16 21:56:12

alcornoqui

Re: [SOLVED] Orage not showing events, but finds in search

from https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2233994

Try running orage from a terminal prompt and have a look at the messages that are printed to the terminal window when you start the program and when you try to save an event. Perhaps something will be printed to help troubleshoot the issue.

#3 2016-12-17 18:45:07

am4c130d

Re: [SOLVED] Orage not showing events, but finds in search

Thanks, much like the originator of the post on the link you added, you (appropriately) caused me to do a ton of investigation.  After exporting, importing, trying different calendar servers, source files, launching from command line etc. I found the problem.  The default priority on events held in Zoho is 8.  Orage, by default doesn't display events with a priority value of 8 or higher. 

I changed the priority on one event to 7, and it appeared...  Of course, when I sync this with Zoho, Zoho changes the priority back to 8 and it disappears.

Events in other calendar files don't appear to have priority set, and Orage defaults them to 0 as a consequence.

Modifying the "Priority list limit" parameter to 10 in oragerc shows all the events.  Zoho doesn't appear to allow priority to be set, but that's the next investigation.

Frustratingly simple and annoying...  but resolved.

Thanks

Alan

Board footer